I graduated from the University of Southampton in 2003, with a first class honours degree in Physiology with Nutrition. I went on to complete a Postgraduate Diploma in Dietetics in Cardiff, leading to State Registration as a Dietitian with the Health and Care Professions Council
. I am also a member of the British Dietetic Association
(BDA). Since qualifying as a Dietitian in 2005, I have worked in various roles within the NHS, before setting up my own private practice in 2013. I have gained experience in a very wide range of dietetics and conditions, including weight management, diabetes, allergy and intolerance, malnutrition and nutritional deficiencies.
In the last three years, I have specialised in the following areas:
- Infant & toddler nutrition (including infant feeding, weaning, healthy eating and childhood obesity)
- Health Promotion — working with local organisations to promote healthy eating and optimum nutrition, resource development and training
- Nutritional support, including building up advice, effective use of nutritional supplementation and artificial feeding (e.g. PEG and nasogastric (NG) feeding)
- Providing bespoke training courses and workshops
- Sports nutrition (more recently)
Since qualifying, I have undertaken a number of training courses, including 'Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS)', which is an initial teaching qualification, Paediatric Dietetics Module 1 and a Postgraduate Certificate in Sports Nutrition with Distinction (2015).
As well as seeing patients privately, I have a growing portfolio of project work. I am currently a consultant Dietitian for a local Council on a project to improve nutrition and healthy eating for Early Years settings. I write articles for the British Heart Foundation, and also various websites. I am also a consultant Dietitian for Slim & Save, supporting clients on maintaining their weight after completing the diet.
For your peace of mind, I have an Enhanced DSB Certificate.
I am also a busy mum of three and enjoy the challenge of balancing my work and home life. The children provide lots of opportunities to practice my own advice, such as managing child and infant nutrition, including weaning and healthy eating!