I am a registered Dietitian with the Health and Care Professions Council and a member of the British Dietetic Association. Following qualification as a Dietitian in 2005, I worked in the NHS until 2013, in various roles. I gained dietetic experience in a very wide range of conditions, including weight management, diabetes, allergy and intolerance, malnutrition and nutritional deficiencies.
I now run my private practice ‘Expert Dietitian’. As well as seeing patients privately, I have a growing portfolio of project work. Some of my projects have included:
- 2016 – Present: Consultant Dietitian for the Wessex Academic Health Science Network on their Healthy Ageing programme. This involves leading projects around improving nutrition and hydration in older people
- 2013 – Present: Dietitian for Slim and Save, where I support clients into healthy weight maintenance
- 2018 – Present – Dietitian for TASS (Talented Athlete Scholarship Scheme), run through the University of Southampton
- 2013 – 2019: Consultant Dietitian for Southampton City Council, on a project to improve nutrition and healthy eating for Early Years settings
- Article writing and media work. In the past, I have written articles for the British Heart Foundation magazine ‘Heart Matters’, various websites, including Diet in Pregnancy and the Talk Health Partnership.
– 2003: BSc (Hons) Physiology with Nutrition, University of Southampton, first class honours
– 2005: Postgraduate Diploma in Dietetics, Cardiff Metropolitan University
– 2009: Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS), Eastleigh College
– 2009: Paediatric Dietetics Module 1
– 2015: Postgraduate Certificate in Applied Sports Nutrition (with Distinction) from St Marys University, Twickenham. I am suitably qualified to effectively advise clients in all aspects of sports nutrition and I am registered with the Sports and Exercise Nutrition register (SENr).
In 2016, I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, and managed to put this into remission in early 2019, so I understand first-hand what it’s like to live with and manage this condition.
For your peace of mind, I have an Enhanced DSB Certificate.